Launched in 2014 at Imperial College London, Yoyo Wallet has become the UK’s fastest growing mobile wallet by expanding across hundreds of University and Corporate locations. In the process Yoyo has developed a unique platform that opens up a global opportunity to power seamless payment and loyalty experiences for retailers, developers and financial institutions across the world. Founded by Alain Falys and Michael Rolph, Yoyo has raised significant funding ($15m as of September 2015) and built a team of energetic entrepreneurs who know how to get things done. With so much potential ahead, Yoyo is looking for a Data Engineer to join our team.
If you are looking to join a fun, fast growing FinTech firm, keep reading. We were recently chosen by KPMG as one of 50 FinTechs to watch globally. Now in our 4th year, we are in over 40 UK universities, over 100 corporate locations and have a global presence with business in the US, Spain, Ireland and Singapore.
The Yoyo Wallet product comprises of iOS and Android apps that talk to a suite of APIs powered by the Yoyo platform. We use a service-oriented architecture to support real-time, high-volume transactions that consistently deliver sub-one-second response times at the point-of-sale.
Our technology stack includes (but is not limited to):
- Python and Django framework to write our application logic
- PostgreSQL for relational database
- DynamoDB for NoSQL
- Terraform for managing our cloud infrastructure
- Docker and AWS EC2 Container Service (ECS) for packaging and running our services
- AWS for hosting our infrastructure
- RabbitMQ and Celery for message queue
- CircleCI and ChatOps for continuous deployment
- Ansible and Fabric for automating workflows
- React for Yoyo Engage retailer BI dashboard
- Implementing ETL process as well as real-time data processing
- Evaluating and integrating Big Data frameworks and tools required to provide optimal solutions for our data challenges
- Monitoring performance and advising any necessary optimisations and infrastructure changes
- Create tools and processes to improve our data-driven culture
- Good scripting and programming skills (We use Python)
- Experience with ETL frameworks such as Luigi
- Experience building stream-processing systems, using solutions such as Amazon Kinesis Data Streams
- Experience with messaging systems, such as RabbitMQ or Kafka
- Good understanding of Lambda Architecture
- Experience with SQL and relational databases, such as PostgreSQL. It’s desirable to have some experience with other types of databases
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN:
Working as part of an early stages company is challenging. It’s not all ping pong tables and free beer…..well sometimes it is! What you are willing to put into growing the company will determine not only our success, but yours. If you are ready for this challenge then we promise:
- Competitive Salary with health insurance and pension scheme
- All the equipment necessary to make sure you are able to do your role effectively
- Monthly credit to your Yoyo Wallet account
- Work in a collaborative, flexible, open-minded and flat organisation
- Work on challenging real-world problems that you can take ownership of
- Build something today and see it in people’s hands tomorrow
- Great central London location and an AWESOME team!