Java Back-End Developer
Posted by employer
We are looking for outstanding, experienced and passionate Java developer to join our technology team developing an innovative SaaS (software-as-a-service) web-based software product.
The product — utilized by the World’s leading manufacturers and retailers (e.g., Microsoft, Amazon, Best Buy, L’Oreal) — connects manufacturers and retailers. It lets manufacturers assemble and distribute product information, and lets retailers select, customize and consume the information.
The product is developed in Java (Spring/Hibernate). The position is intended for an experienced developer interested in server-side web-application development using modern technologies and methodologies.
- Participates in designing, coding, testing, debugging, configuring, and documenting software modules.
- Applies generally accepted programming standards and techniques to assure efficient program logic and data manipulation.
- Support product deployment and enhance the quality of software modules by monitoring, analysis and debugging.
- Consults with other engineering staff to evaluate interface between various software modules and to provide visibility.
- Communicates regularly or as needed on progress of work products, deliverables, overall project status and software related specifications.
- 2 years minimum experience in building software systems
- Experience in building complex, Java based, Web applications.
- Experience with Spring, Cassandra
- Team player, strong sense of urgency attitude, creative with good communication skills.
- Awareness and appreciation of quality-driven development including unit testing and component testing
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills
- Ability to work in a focused environment, plan and execute project goals
We will consider strong and motivated candidates who do not meet some of the above requirements
- Knowledge of one or more of the following fields:
- Java Servlets & JSPs
- Application servers & Web Servers
- Client side (browser) development, jQuery & YUI
- Build management systems like Ant, Maven or Gradle
- Sc. in computer science or a related field