Posted by employer
Wealthsimple is Canada's largest and fastest growing online investment manager. We make investing easy and accessible to everybody. We're working on the challenges involved in making investment understandable and easy. We feel strongly about our brand and have twice won a Webby for Best Financial Services website. We try to reflect our unique voice in everything we build.
We're growing fast. In 3 years, Wealthsimple Financial Corp has gone from $0 under management to over $1 billion. We have significant funding from strategic investors that will allow us to continue building an amazing product that's competitive on a global level. With this, we believe that we have the opportunity to build one of the largest and most innovative companies in financial services globally. You can read about our mission and our team to learn more.
We're looking for someone to join the Security team. We aim to provide scalable, secure, and stable infrastructure, while also allowing developers to quickly and easily deploy new code. Our software stack is primarily Ruby on Rails microservices, hosted within Amazon Web Services.
In this role, you'll:
- Design and develop internal security tooling
- Design and develop security features within Wealthsimple's client facing products
- Contribute to triaging and managing Wealthsimple's incoming Bug Bounty submissions
- Help us build, grow, and scale our business and help define the direction of our infrastructure architecture
- Participate in an oncall schedule for security services
- Experience of common security principles and practices.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails (preferred) or experience with Python, Ruby or another object oriented language.
- Experience with micro-services and distributed systems.
- Be an effective communicator and work collaboratively across teams.
- Share our passion for making investing accessible for everyone.
- The ability to debug production code for potential security concerns
Nice to Haves:
- Previous experience on a Red or Blue team.
- Working knowledge of continuous deployment/integration and concepts (We use CircleCI, Amazon ECR, and Rundeck)
- Understanding of MacOS and/or Linux internals
- Familiarity with cloud service providers, preferably AWS. We lean heavily on VPC, EC2, IAM, and RDS.
- Understanding of networking principles
We’re looking for people who:
- Understand the importance security, but are pragmatic.
- Believe that simple is better.
- Take ownership and see initiatives through.
- Value open communication and working on an exceptionally transparent team.
- Teach and learn from their teammates. We value making others successful.
What we offer:
- The challenge and opportunity of joining a small, early team, and to work on a product people love to use.
- Having a direct impact to the safety and security of everyday people, and helping our company be responsible and nimble in the volatile world of security.
- We live our values and want to set our team up for long term financial success. We offer an RRSP matching program, competitive salaries, stock options and incentives for the success of both yourself and the company.
- Your choice of hardware setup (Mac or PC).
- We provide daily catered lunches, cold brew, snacks, and fun company offsites, but most importantly, great coworkers to enjoy them with.
Please include your CV and your answers to the following:
- Why do you want to join the team at Wealthsimple?
We pride ourselves on creating a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive work place. Candidates who identify as a minority are welcome and encouraged to apply!