The Engineering team at Vungle is seeking a Director of Engineering, DevOps for our collaborative team in San Francisco. The DevOps Team at Vungle is in charge of building and maintaining our production systems. We have set up and maintain Kubernetes in production, deploy database systems and implement large scale, multi-region, multi-cloud deployments. We want to empower our team to improve and maintain the production environment and associated CI/CD systems, and we provide opportunities to experiment with new technologies with a collaborative team.
Technologies we use: Kubernetes, Golang, Docker, GCP, Docker, Scala, Python, NodeJS, Redis, Mongo, Cassandra, Kafka, Spark, Redshift and ElasticSearch
- Manage, mentor and develop a growing team of DevOps engineers.
- Collaborate with teams on key architectural decisions and design considerations.
- Monitor and plan out core infrastructure enhancements (a.k.a. stay ahead of possible scalability bottlenecks).
- Oversee the complex issues needed to troubleshoot and resolve system problems and customer issues under tight service level agreement.
- Contribute to and promote good software engineering practices across the team.
- Closely collaborate with other engineering and product teams to ensure expected system behavior is understood and monitoring exists to detect anomalies.
- Support the production environment as part of the on-call team and manage the team’s time of coverage.
- Provide strategic direction to scale and improve the long-term health of the system with a flexible and pragmatic approach.
- Explore and share new technologies to improve our infrastructure.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 12+ years IT industry work experience with 6 years of managing DevOps teams.
- Experience working with container orchestration systems like (Kubernetes, ECS, Nomad, Mesos, Docker Swarm).
- Experience with Cloud Computing (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc).
- Passionate around learning and trying emerging technologies.
- Strong sense of ownership with a track record of delivering quality projects.
- Strong tech sense to direct and overview design and implementation.
- Background in Linux systems administration.
- Experience debugging production systems.
- Understanding of server automation systems (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc).
Vungle is the leading performance marketing platform for in-app video ads. Advertisers depend on Vungle's creative and LTV optimization technologies to reach and acquire high-value users worldwide. Top publishers rely on Vungle to generate revenue with engaging video ads that enhance the user experience.
Vungle is trusted by 50,000+ mobile apps worldwide with key developer and advertiser partners such as Supercell, King, Zynga, EA, Ubisoft, Smule, MZ, Google, Honda, Allstate, Procter and Gamble, L'Oreal, Coca-Cola, and Nissan. Vungle serves 3+ billion video views per month on 350+ million unique devices and is consistently ranked #1 for cross-platform user retention by industry mobile performance indexes. Vungle is backed by Google Ventures, Thomvest Ventures, Crosslink Capital and SoftTech VC. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, London, Berlin, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, and Seoul.