Vox Media employees thrive on innovation and change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, and improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology and the world around them. The Vox Media house of networks includes industry-leading media forces like SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode, Racked and Polygon, and reaches an audience of hundreds of millions, generating over a billion content views each month.
Role & Expectations
What you'll do:
- Make small scale alterations and customizations to existing template code.
- Scope your solutions appropriately in order to meet (sometimes tight) deadlines.
- Attend daily scrum/status update calls.
- Communicate often and efficiently with teammates via Slack, video calls (Zoom), and email.
- Make steady progress on tasks and know when to ask for help. We are a remote-first team, and it’s key to know how to balance diving into a problem and waving the flag to ask another member of the team to lend an ear or hand.
- Work alongside teams of Designers, Project Managers and Campaign Managers.
- Actively track and communicate task status using project management systems. (We mostly use Asana.)
- Maintain a consistent schedule. (We work with teammates and clients on both West-coast and East-coast time zones.)
What you'll bring:
- Have basic Photoshop skills.
- Utilize available documentation and potentially contribute to writing new documentation where it is needed.
- Enjoy independent problem solving while openly communicating with teammates.
About working at Vox Media: This is a full-time temporary position. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.