We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an extraordinary commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help craft the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Toast is growing it’s Dublin operations as it faces the challenges of a rapidly expanding company, and we are looking for a self-motivated and customer-focused engineer to join our small Dublin team.
We are looking for an engineer to join our Partner Portal team; someone with the ability and drive to make an impact. The Partner Portal team are responsible for enabling our Business Partners to use our APIs to build add-on integrations to Toast’s product suite. We build and run the tools to manage partner on-boarding, API registrations, as well as a catalog of integrations that our customers can choose from. You will be responsible for the evolution and support of our product across our front and back end services. You will be tasked with helping build scalable, reliable and high quality features with the goal of creating a smooth and delightful experience for our Business Partners and customers.
If you want to help create something tangible that is used every day, help small businesses achieve their vision, and take on the challenge of scaling a SaaS product from millions of users to hundreds of millions of users, Toast is the place for you.
As an engineer on the Partner Portal team at Toast, you will:
- Work with cutting edge technologies, including Kotlin and React
- Have the scope to propose and justify other technologies/frameworks/etc for use within the project, and within Toast
- Participate in the full development & operations lifecycle of the project - from design to release, and beyond
- Help improve resiliency and data consistency in a highly distributed asynchronous system
- Join a fast-growing, energetic, motivated team & company
Do you have the right ingredients?
- A few years of experience with Java or another object-oriented language
- Experience working in a team with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Good understanding of building quality production software (process, testing, operation, design principles etc.)
- The ability to take complex business problems, and create easy to use solutions, at scale.
- A strong desire to make an impact, and the ability to be autonomous when executing your work.
- The capacity to understand a problem, communicate clearly with others to solve the problem, and share knowledge to help the whole team succeed.
- An interest in functional programming, such as Kotlin, Java 8 Lambdas etc.
- Exposure to distributed systems, scaling challenges, SaaS, SQL, RabbitMQ, or Android are a plus.
Our Tech Stack
Toast’s products run on a stack that ranges from guest and restaurant-facing Android tablets to backend services in Java to internal, guest-facing and restaurant-facing web apps. Our backend services follow a microservice architecture written using Java 8 and DropWizard; we use AWS extensively, ranging from S3 to RDS to Lambda. We have our own platform for dealing with user management, service elevations and robust load balancing. Toast stores data in a set of sharded Postgres databases and utilizes Apache Spark for large scale data workloads including query and batch processing. The front-end is built primarily using Angular and ES6, with newer components using React. The main Toast POS application is an Android application written in Java and Kotlin. For data between tablets and our cloud platform we operate RabbitMQ clusters as well as direct tablet communication to the back end.