Millions of people around the world use Revel, sometimes without even knowing it, to buy coffee in the morning or to eat dinner at their favorite restaurant. We know Revel works not only because we are building it, but because we see the benefits first-hand as we use it every day in shops all around us. But we're building more than just a great Point-of-Sale system; we're enabling companies to break down silos, increase information sharing, and improve the effectiveness of their business and customer relationships. We need people who are enthusiastic, who ask great questions, who have strong opinions but aren't afraid to admit when they're wrong, and who enjoy collaborating with a cross-functional team. We hire talented people, expect everyone to learn and grow, and trust everyone to make day-to-day decisions. We care most about creating products people love. We move quickly, we experiment, we iterate, and we value learning as well as shipping features. As we continue to see exponential growth in usage, we continue to have a great need for excellence in engineering leadership. We are looking for a strong API support engineer to help us scale our systems on our quest to become the #1 POS vendor in the world.
We have an incredible team that is on a mission to make commerce easy and easy to use. Our engineering team has one simple but lofty goal: deliver a breathtaking web experience to our customers. You'll have the opportunity to build extraordinary web applications that are reliable, fast, responsive, and beautiful. Do you feel comfort in building minimal, almost utilitarian UIs? Well so do our designers, work with some of the best in the business, they push our thinking on how we can build user experiences that merchants love.
Are you interested in building products that millions of merchants depend on? Do you like shipping code at a rapid pace? We’re seeking an experienced API Support Engineer who is passionate about building the backbone of our mobile and web applications.
What you will learn and do:
- Develops technology using Python and the Django Development framework
- Development of APIs and data models using Python and PostgreSQL to serve both internal and external business needs
- Ensures webpage SSL and PCI compliance
- Collaborate with outside vendors and partners on API integration projects managing codebase and releases
- Maintains a solid understanding of Postgres database
- Maintains understanding of platforms and web servers in a cloud environment
- Develops scalable applications and is able to effectively manage technology tradeoffs and risks
- Expert skills in Python and Django (looking for 2 years of experience), Postgres, JSON
- Must know Git
- 2-3 years of software engineering experience
- Employee benefits: gym & commuter subsidy, referral bonus, healthcare, wellness programs, and 401K plan
- Competitive salary
- Bi-weekly office Happy Hours
- Quarterly and annual company outings
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Apple equipment
- Paid vacation in addition to 10 paid holidays
Revel was founded with the mission of making the lives of business owners easier and more efficient, while spurring entrepreneurship across the world. Revel works to keep business owners and operators ahead of the game by transforming the Point of Sale market with a quick, intuitive, and highly secure iPad-based Point of Sale solution. Our iPad POS is a hybrid, cloud-based Point-of-Sale system that easily integrates with third party technologies across restaurants, food trucks, grocery stores, retail shops and other forms of business. On the front end, Revel runs on the iPad, while the backend is hosted in the cloud and accessible through an intuitive management console.
Working at Revel, you will find a community of relentlessly entrepreneurial, results driven, and team oriented individuals who strive to deliver the #1 iPad POS to their customers. We invite you to come and join the REVELution that has grown from 60 to 750+ team members, across four continents, over the last three years. Here, you will not only discover a great place to work, but a place that you can call home and one that encourages and supports both your career growth and personal success.