Senior Software Development Engineer
The Forge team drives Redapt’s digital transformation and cloud adoption initiatives. Its mission is to enable quantum leaps in production and efficiencies by building enterprise applications focused on automating hardware configuration, as well as, building customer-facing applications that enable Redapt’s customers to automate data center processes and quickly leverage game-changing innovation.
The Senior Software Development Engineer will report to the Director of Software Engineering and Product
As a Senior Software Development Engineer on the Forge team you will build challenging enterprise systems, products and applications. You will design and develop hardware configuration applications, work order management apps, customer facing APIs, B2B portals, workflow/process automation and more.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for building applications that interact with datacenter systems across varied OEM providers.
Required Skills and Responsibilities:
- Lead the design and development of advanced automated systems responsible for hardware inventory validation, configuration, provisioning, and testing of data center infrastructure
- Drive engineering efforts from planning and organization to execution and delivery
- Investigate and solve engineering challenges in process and workflow automation
- Design and build customer facing APIs and portals
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaboratively influence others to improve the overall design
- Mentor and guide team members
- Guide team members to make optimal product/technical decisions
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms and problem solving
- At least 7 years’ professional experience within an engineering organization
- Experience with at least one modern programming language such as Java, C#, Python, or Ruby
- Scripting skills in Perl, Shell, or another common languages
- Experience developing, deploying and maintaining apps on AWS cloud.
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Professional experience with various configuration management tools (Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Salt etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux environments
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience using AWS and or other public cloud
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent