About the Role:
We’re looking to add a Site Reliability Engineer to our team, where you’ll be a core part of a supportive team that’s passionate about systems thinking, amplifying feedback loops, and continual experimentation and learning. In this role, you’ll have a broad field of influence and work alongside multiple multi-functional teams, automating cloud operations, crafting tools, improving CI/CD pipelines, evangelizing cloud internally, and assisting development teams with their monitoring/alerting/response processes.
What You’ll Be Doing:
In any given week, you may find yourself:
- Optimizing the tools we use to build, deploy, monitor, and roll-back code
- Creatively customizing our CDN in order to build new A/B testing features
- Developing standard methodologies for using cloud technologies with development teams (we use and love AWS)
- Pioneering the use of new features of our cloud
- Improving existing DevOps practices
- Serving as third tier escalation point for on-call
- Diving into an app’s mysterious behavior with an Application Development Team
- Pairing with teammates to build solutions
- Reviewing code from within our team and the Engineering Organization at large
Are you looking for a workplace where you can find creative ways to use technology to solve real user problems? Would you like to be a part of a company that's growing quickly, with opportunity for advancement? We want to talk to you!
You may be the right fit if you have:
- An intermediate understanding of some programming language (our team mostly uses Python, and we also use NodeJS, Ruby, Bash, and some GoLang)
- An intermediate ability to operate and manage Linux (other Unixes are ok too)
- Novice understanding of a config management tool (we use Chef)
- Working experience in a role where the business runs on a cloud, and you have been responsible for portions of leading the use of that cloud
- You are curious about or have experimented with serverless based approaches to application development (We use serverless frequently for our DevOps needs)
- You are interested in Service Mesh, and container management techniques
- You have experience in Information Security practices and principles
- You are always learning, and you are excited about the field of Software Development
Travel: None anticipated in this role
Work Environment: The RealSelf office sits in a historic Pioneer Square building. Employees also have the option to bring their dogs to work!
RealSelf is the world’s largest online destination to learn about elective cosmetic procedures, and to find the right doctor or clinic for you. More than 10 million people visit RealSelf each month to find out which treatments and providers live up to their promise of being "Worth It." RealSelf is powered by unbiased experiences shared by consumers for hundreds of treatments, ranging from simple skincare to high consideration cosmetic surgeries. Offering millions of photos and medical expert answers, RealSelf has become the essential resource and service for those seeking to find the right local provider.
RealSelf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.