Targeting Engineering Managers in San Francisco, New York City, Chicago, and Dallas
A Unique Opportunity
LendingTree was founded in 1996 by CEO Doug Lebda to help people comparison shop and get a great deal on the single biggest transaction of their lives: their mortgage. Since then, we’ve facilitated over 65 million loan requests, while becoming a household name and today we do much more than mortgages. We are the #1 online marketplace in the US for consumers to comparison shop for mortgages, personal loans, credit cards, student loans, auto loans and insurance.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina and with offices in the Bay Area, Chicago, New York City, and Charleston –we’re looking for an Engineering Manager in a competitive market to establish and build a team and increase our technology footprint.
We’re Looking For You To:
- Create a plan and design/staff a small technical team for specific LendingTree initiatives.
- Be a true leader for your team and act as a technical mentor.
- Work directly with the business side to meet objectives in the most timely and efficient way possible
- Manage all engineering activities within a department including design, development, production and testing.
- Implement and maintains overall engineering objectives and initiatives.
- Confronts and solves performance/operational issues to improve development efficiency.
- Lead and develops the engineering team.Oversee a robust project management process and delivery timelines to keep projects on schedule and on budget
- 7+ yrs. of professional software engineering exp.
- 3+ yrs. of experience managing Software Engineers directly (preferred) or as a high-level Lead
- Computer Science or closely related degree
- Outside of work you use different technologies to build stuff for fun
- A true expert in at least one programming language
- Extremely strong design experience at the code and system levels. Your architecture easily scales.
- Chance to work with top Software Engineers with a focus for all things tech – Our DevOps team includes a member who literally wrote the book on Ansible and IT Automation and our staff also includes a resident IoT expert with IMDB credit to his name.
- Unique entrepreneurial environment. We’re a start-up company in a publicly traded suit Read: we have a lot of fun and can afford the grown-up toys.
- We’re making a real difference in the financial lives of millions of consumers. The work we do here matters.
- Dress code – we don’t have one. (Flip flops, shorts, jeans… whatever.)
- We don't even keep track of how many paid vacation days you take! (of course your manager's approval is needed before you take off on that family vacation.)
This is an opportunity for full-time employment. Please no third parties or Corp to Corp.