ConsenSys is a venture production studio and the leading technology firm in blockchain globally. We deliver products, solutions and platforms built using blockchain technology to transform how business is done in complex networks of buyers, suppliers and consumers.
Our teams are busy at work building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, the music industry, security, and infrastructure, and more. To accomplish this we've built out a flat organizational structure which we call the ConsenSys Mesh: a network of individuals & teams working autonomously and towards the same goal. Our mission is to use these decentralized solutions to fundamentally reshape the economic, social, and political operating systems of the planet. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilience are a requirement, we would love for you to join us.
About Kauri at Consensys
Kauri provides new and experienced developers access to a free curated, high-quality, and continuously expanding Ethereum knowledge base. The Kauri network enables community members to curate and grow technical knowledge bases. Experts can be rewarded for sharing time and expertise using Ethereum as an incentivisation layer. We aim to unlock our ecosystem’s collective wisdom and do the same for other emerging technologies and opensource software projects.
Working at Kauri
- Remote first team culture
- Stand ups in the morning and two themed weekly catchup
- Prompt 1:1 calls for discussions between team members on work blocks
- Lean proof of concepts involving a lot of R&D and collecting user feedback
- Reviewing and collaborating on designs
- Nurturing relationships with projects and key players in the space!
- Prioritization discussions; always asking ourselves “why”
- We work hard but also value personal time and having a good time together
Kauri seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer with a proven track record in this space. The ideal candidate has experience building high volume, high performance and highly available SaaS solutions. We are seeking someone to help create efficient operations along the development side of our platform and create streamlined and efficient deployed process/times
Key Responsibilities include:
- Analyse and build upon our current infrastructure and operations to improve our overall process
- Define & implement an infrastructure monitoring strategy to ensure issues can be easily identified, with a focus on automation
- Improve and maintain the CI and deployment pipeline
- Proactively manage DEV, QA and Production environments, monitoring securty anomalies & troubleshooting environment issues
- Drive a continuous effort to reduce deployment time, infrastructure downtime, and maximise efficiency
- Contribute to continuous improvement and proactively support knowledge sharing across broader DevOps web3 ecosystem
- Strong background in infrastructure & deployment automation as well as configuration management
- Experience with one or more infrastructure management tools (Terraform, CloudFormation) or configuration management (Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Experience with containerisation runtimes (docker) & container orchestration tools such as Kubenetes with many deployed microservices
- Experience managing cloud environments, GCP a plus
- Experience deploying and maintaining monitoring and logging systems (Zabbix, Nagios, ELK, Splunk)
- Experience managing and deploying web3 components is a plus (Geth, Parity, IPFS)
We are working in a new, exciting frontier. If you don’t feel that you precisely match the responsibilities of the role outlined above, but still feel that you can contribute to building this future with us, don’t hesitate to apply regardless.
We’d love to talk.
- Open Source Software Experience
- Understanding of Blockchain / Ethereum
- Experience writing technical tutorials / walkthroughs
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys:
- The forefront of a revolution. At ConsenSys we fundamentally believe that next generation technologies present an opportunity to create a more just and equitable society.
- A dynamic startup environment. ConsenSys is a thought leader in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the mindshare. This is both exciting and challenging, as we learn to scale our organization while adhering to the principles of decentralization.
- Continuous learning. You’ll be constantly exposed to new languages, frameworks and ideas from your peers and as you work on different projects -- challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
- Deep technical challenges. This entire ecosystem is about 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much work to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. ConsenSys is building the technology platforms that can get us to those next thresholds of scale.