Architizer is a portfolio database, media site, and architectural manufacturer search engine that’s transforming the architecture community. With over 86,000 projects from around the world, our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and quality to the world of architecture and design by leveraging our rich data to create a more fully connected network of architects, product manufacturers, and design enthusiasts. We’re headquartered in New York City.
Product & Engineering is the heart of the company. They’re a small, agile group of high performers working to develop and deliver valuable and scalable solutions to the architecture community. They’re obsessed with understanding and building for our customers’ hardest problems, writing beautiful code, and making data-driven decisions. They value positive energy, continuous learning, clear communication, and are committed to building an inclusive environment for people from every background.
We’re looking for frontend engineers who equally relish the subtle interaction details that make products delightful, the hard technical challenges involved in making a desktop-grade web app, writing highly reusable code, and thinking about how to build extensible, resilient systems through abstraction. Product intuition is as much a necessity as technical knowledge or familiarity with best practices of frontend engineering. If you’re excited by creating beautiful, consistent, and trustworthy user experiences that scale to millions of users and shepherding the engineering team as a leader and individual contributor, we should talk!
- Collaborate with product managers designers, and engineers to quickly ship new products and features
- Iteratively design and build scalable systems using modern tools like React, ES6, Storybook, Next.js, Styled Components, Jest, Enzyme, GraphQL, Apollo, Node.js, Express, and Angular 1.5
- Write modular, secure, and well-tested user-facing code and deploy work to production multiple times per day and week
- Attend user interviews and/ or usability tests 1-2 times each week
- Contribute to and shape the long-term technical roadmap and vision for engineering at Architizer
- Improve the team and company - you will be an active participant in our culture (mentorship, interviewing, and new initiatives)
- Add positive energy in every meeting and make your team members feel included in every interaction
- 4+ years of software engineering and working within a team environment
- Experience with TDD and code review
- Unafraid of moving fast and breaking things
- Genuine love of technology, coding, and design
- Relentless focus on delivering real value for our customers
- Strong UX sensibilities and attention to details that matter
- Thoughtful approach to decision-making; knowing when to move fast and when to do things right
- An “in-the-driver’s-seat”, entrepreneurial attitude
- Bonus points: enthusiasm for design, a degree in a technical field, leadership/ management chops, experience with rapid growth in your company (from startup to mid-size).
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- 401k and company match up to 4%
- Competitive salary and equity
- Gym and commuter benefits
- FSA plan available
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Company-paid tech conferences and learning budget
- Friday team lunches and unlimited snacks/ coffee/ beer
- The computer system and desk setup of your choice
- Free membership to the Museum of Modern Art after 1 year at the company
- A beautiful office space in NYC and very fun, supportive coworkers
Architizer is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Architizer HQ, New York, New York