Akuna Capital is a young and booming trading firm with a strong focus on cutting-edge technology, data driven decisions and automation. Our core competency is providing liquidity as an options market-maker – meaning we provide competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully we design and implement our own low latency technologies, trading strategies and mathematical models.
Our Founding Partners, Andrew Killion and Mitchell Skinner, first conceptualized Akuna in their hometown of Sydney. They opened the firm’s first office in 2011 in the heart of the derivatives industry and the options capital of the world – Chicago. Today, Akuna is proud to operate from additional offices in Sydney, Shanghai, and Cambridge (USA).
Akuna Sydney opened in early 2018 and is at the center of Akuna’s Asian trading operations. The office’s initial focus will be on trading Hong Kong, cryptocurrencies and US night markets, and will be key in our Asian expansion. Employees will work together towards achieving Akuna’s goals across all areas of the business, including trading and desk buildout, cutting-edge research and data analysis, strategy creation, and building ultra-low-latency trading systems that are tailored to local market conditions.
What you’ll do as a Trade Support Engineer at Akuna:
We are seeking a Trade Support Engineer to join our dynamic team at Akuna Sydney. This person will be responsible for installing and managing production trading applications at both the desktop and server level. This is a role that will focus on supporting, managing, optimizing and troubleshooting the production trading environment. In this role, you will:
- Work closely with Development, Trading and Infrastructure teams to troubleshoot issues, make continuous improvements, and configure the trading system
- Work on automating daily and repetitive tasks
- Create, update and improve continuous monitoring processes of the production trading environment
- Learn and adjust to ongoing changes within our proprietary trading system
- Support the release process to ensure that Akuna and its systems are upgraded properly
- Learn and support in-house and third-party software applications
- Provide in-office technical support to traders using our proprietary trading system
Qualities that make great candidates:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
- At least 1 year of trading application support experience at a trading firm
- Familiar with Linux (RedHat, Ubuntu, etc.), automation tools and not afraid of the command line
- Experience with Python, Bash, Databases structures and scripting techniques
- Ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly
- Understanding of the importance of risk & compliance procedures and controls
- Team player with the ability to build relationships with multiple teams and offices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to make sound decisions in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- On-call availability to work outside of core business hours or on weekends