Akuna Capital is a young and booming trading firm with a strong focus on cutting-edge technology, data driven decisions and automation. Our core competency is providing liquidity as an options market-maker – meaning we provide competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully we design and implement our own low latency technologies, trading strategies and mathematical models.
Our Founding Partners, Andrew Killion and Mitchell Skinner, first conceptualized Akuna in their hometown of Sydney. They opened the firm’s first office in 2011 in the heart of the derivatives industry and the options capital of the world – Chicago. Today, Akuna is proud to operate from additional offices in Sydney, Shanghai, and Cambridge (USA).
What you'll do as a Senior Web Developer at Akuna:
We are looking for Mid-Level and Senior Web Developers who have strong web and application design skills to help our team bring our applications to the next level. At Akuna Capital, your participation means creating the tools which developers, traders and support personnel will be using every day to compete on the market.
Our web application backends are based on Tornado, the asynchronous web framework for Python. We take full advantage of Tornado's coroutines to create elegant asynchronous servers that scale efficiently. We utilize websockets to create live-updating displays to ensure traders have access to the most up-to-date information as quickly as possible. We power our front-ends with React to focus our development on making the best possible representations of our data.
- Build real-time risk data visualization and parameter configuration tools to directly aid traders in managing risk and assessing strategy
- Create monitoring applications for server support and development teams to help them better understand current resource utilization and notify them when services need attention
- Design & write REST or server push APIs
- Provide support during releases and production incidents
Qualities that make great candidates:
- Bachelor's, Master's or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years of professional Python experience
- Experience with front-end User Experience (UX) and Design
- Comfortable with Linux and source control (git)
- Strong communication skills and works well in teams
- Experience with React JS
- Previous experience with asynchronous frameworks (especially coroutines)
- Familiarity with the trading industry a plus
- Familiar with Agile methodologies