At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
As a Senior Front End Developer, you will be responsible for leading the development of web and mobile solutions for AKQA’s sophisticated, high-profile clients. You will work closely with AKQA’s teams of Designers, UX Specialists, Technical Developers and Project Managers. You’ll guide client teams to the best possible solutions and ensure we consistently deliver high-quality front end development. This includes translating design concepts to HTML, building to accessibility requirements and executing compatibility and performance testing.
Located in Sydney, as part of AKQA you’ll work in a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team, and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to both your career growth and your work/life balance.
- 5+ years development experience, especially on enterprise-level mobile/responsive website projects.
- Cross-platform browser testing ability (Mac / PC / IOS / Android).
- CSS Pre-processor experience such as SASS/LESS.
- Sound understanding of concepts such as SMACSS, OCSS or BEM.
- Experience with Foundation, Twitter Bootstrap or similar frameworks.
- ASP.NET experience.
- Strong understanding of performance and optimisation.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Desire to learn and embrace the latest technologies.
- A highly motivated, productive and collaborative approach to your work.
- Strong communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.