At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
As a .NET Solution Architect within a digital agency environment, you will help drive the technical solutions that enable us to execute our most complex and strategic engagements. You will guide clients and colleagues to the latest industry trends, enabling us to develop solutions that are groundbreaking in their thinking and execution. You will manage a team of software developers, ensuring that project deliverables meet time, scope and quality goals. You must have extensive experience with large-scale digital projects based upon the .NET umbrella of technologies.
Located in Melbourne, as part of AKQA, you’ll work in a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team, and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to both your career growth and your work/life balance.
- Experience in platforms/frameworks: ASP.NET (MVC and Webforms), Sitecore (highly regarded), Umbraco, Commerce Server, Selenium, JMeter, Nuget, EF, enterprise search frameworks, Powershell, OOP, Backbone, Angular, SMACSS and SASS.
- Comprehensive understanding of the web: protocols, architectures, infrastructure, servers (IIS), proxies, load balancing and high availability, etc.
- Solid understanding of networks, systems and persistence technologies: AWS, OpenStack, Windows Server App Fabric, Mongodb and Lucene, etc.
- Comprehensive understanding of modern patterns and practices: unit testing, inversion of control, repository, MVC and continuous integration, etc.
- Experience in formal project management environments, including Agile.
- Experience in diagramming an ecosystem that includes applications, servers, deployment and workflows.
- 8+ years’ industry experience.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Technically excellent programmer with a deep understanding of software engineering principles.
- Excellent dev-ops skills and experience, enabling you to architect market-leading solutions.
- Able to mentor, motivate and inspire your team.
- Entrepreneurial, analytic and positive mindset with a personable and professional approach.
- Sharp attention to detail and a passion for new technology.
- Collaborative ‘one team’ approach that enables client and agency partners to work together seamlessly.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.