Senior Data Engineer
As a Senior Data Engineer at AKQA, you will support our clients during their data-driven transformation journey. In this quantitative and engineering role, you will create the infrastructure needed to apply complex analytical algorithms and articulate engaging data stories.
We currently have an opportunity with a global client to build a platform leveraging cutting-edge infrastructure that is scalable, accurate, coherent and operating in realtime. You would be joining our talented team who are self-starters, driven, bold and who are excited about exploiting emerging technologies to enable our business to solve complex problems.
If you’re passionate about big and fast data and you’re looking for the opportunity to join a team where you can make a real difference and have impact on the continuous overall business success this is the ideal role for you.
This position is full-time and based in our office in Berlin.
- Work with the product manager and other data engineers in building a highly scalable and performant data platform on AWS, a real-time event processing engine and message brokers
- Design, implement and maintain batch, near time and real-time data processing pipelines and analytical workflows
- Develop validation frameworks, proactive monitoring solutions to detect any abnormalities in a proactive manner
- Review your peers’ designs and code to ensure quality
- Document work done to enable knowledge sharing
- Proactively come up with suggestions on how the team can leverage new technologies and architectures to improve the data platform or new methodologies to improve the team performance.
- University degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or a related area
- Minimum of 2 years "hands-on" experience with big data platforms, frameworks and tools
- Minimum of 2 years working on projects using Scala
- Experience with Spark
- Experience with the SMACK stack
- Experience with AWS services
- Experience with statistical packages (R, SAS, SPSS, Python)
- Experience with data modelling and SQL
- Experience with reporting tools and data visualization.
- A passion for emerging technologies and iOT in particular
Posted by AKQA