Today, online means alone. We're changing that. We are charting the course for the next era of the Internet: live, shared experiences. We're building a new way to use the Internet—together.
That’s why we’re pioneering a new kind of social experience, one designed for togetherness. At its core, Airtime is a social platform for doing whatever together. Gather with your people to explore the Internet: group video, listen to music, chat, watch stuff, send pictures, GIFs, and more.
Our company was founded a few years ago by Sean Parker and backed by Kleiner Perkins, Andreessen Horowitz, Google Ventures, Founders Fund, and a host of other amazing partners.
Responsible for “DevOps” at a fast-growing startup with locations in Palo Alto, San Francisco, and NYC. Combination sys-admin/SRE/operations. You’ll work very closely with the backend and client teams- responsibilities change as the company scales, so huge potential for learning and growth opportunities, and building out a team.
We feel very strongly at Airtime that routine tasks should be automated, deployments should be easy, and infrastructure should be fault-tolerant. This means we use TDD, continuous integration/deployment, and systems are self-healing (i.e., if a host goes down, it’s replaced automatically).
At a high level, you should be interested in solving problems like “how could we replace this instance faster?”, “how could we build a system that can handle a 500x spike in RPM?”, “how can I make this Docker image smaller, so I can speed builds up 15%?”.
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation
- Maintain and improve existing infrastructure (build out autoscaling, support new services)
- Troubleshoot and address infrastructure issues
- Automate recurring tasks (for example, syncing data from the production Mongo cluster to a reporting server)
- Maintain and improve existing build and deployment processes across all teams (Android, iOS, backend)
- Enforce best practices for security and reliability across the organization
- Expert level AWS knowledge. Familiarity with both the console and the CLI is a plus.
- General familiarity with monitoring/troubleshooting. Most importantly the ability to address an issue, and trace it back to a root cause.
- General familiarity with networking and security
- General familiarity with microservices/container architecture
- *nix familiarity: company works off OSX, servers are Ubuntu + Amazon linux
- Basic scripting knowledge (bash preferred)
- Self directed learner and worker
Tools we use
- AWS (VPC, Route53, EC2/ELB/ASG, Redshift, ECS, Elasticache, SNS/SQS, DynamoDB, ECR, Lambda, Cloudfront, Cloudwatch, RDS)
- CircleCI and Jenkins
- New Relic and Sumologic
Are you in?