Today, online means alone. We're changing that. We are charting the course for the next era of the Internet: live, shared experiences. We're building a new way to use the Internet—together.
That’s why we’re pioneering a new kind of social experience, one designed for togetherness. At its core, Airtime is a social platform for doing whatever together. Gather with your people to explore the Internet: group video, listen to music, chat, watch stuff, send pictures, GIFs, and more.
Our company was founded a few years ago by Sean Parker and is backed by Kleiner Perkins, Andreessen Horowitz, Google Ventures, Founders Fund, and a host of other amazing partners.
Are you in?Airtime Engineering
We believe that software should be built with the end user in mind: It should allow for rapid, data-driven iteration to get features into users hands that will delight them. In order to maintain this goal over the long term we take the time to refactor when needed to avoid technical debt.
We look for candidates who are just as serious as we are about building great software.
- We utilize industry best practices such as:
- Continuous integration and automated deployments
- Automated crash reporting and analysis
- Automated scaling and health checks for high availability
- Microservice infrastructure
- Backend test driven development
- Deep instrumentation and analytics
This is an opportunity to be part of a team that develops one of the most advanced real-time platforms in the world. The media team at airtime builds and manages a globally distributed media infrastructure that is the backbone of our application. You will also have a hand in developing our mobile media stack that is highly optimized for iOS and Android.
- Extend and optimize our custom WebRTC media stack for mobile on iOS and Android
- Work on our low latency media server engine which is the foundation of our media platform
- Build and manage our globally distributed backend infrastructure
- Work on performance analysis, metrics collection and data analytics
- Provide detailed and constructive design and code reviews
- Be a team player who enjoys working with a diverse and exceptionally smart team
- 5+ years of industry experience developing complex C++ applications
- BS/MS in Computer Science from a top tier engineering school
- Good knowledge of operating systems and core networking concepts
- Systems level engineering knowledge either on mobile or server side
- Media related projects in the past including WebRTC is a plus but not required
- Experience with AWS is a plus
- Enjoy small, intense, high-growth startup environment