About The Team:
Airbnb is a new type of marketplace that is revolutionizing the way the world travels. Pricing is a huge lever for building an efficient two-sided market for both hosts and guests.
The goal of Pricing Team is to build data-informed products that can help hosts get more bookings and higher revenue with personalized price suggestions. To achieve this goal, we need to solve a lot of challenging problems:
- build large scale machine learning models to estimate market demand for every combination of listings and travel date, local market trends, high/low season, special events, etc.
- design economic models and quantitative algorithms to optimize price settings based on demand prediction of each individual listing.
- create data analysis tools to visualize and understand relationships between demand and price changes.
- build reliable data pipelines and dynamic systems to optimize prices in real time.
As an engineer on the team, you will help conceptualize and build these systems and algorithms.
We are looking for engineers with:
- Strong analytical thinking, good intuition with data, experienced with building products based on A/B testing
- Exceptional ability to work anywhere in the technical stack and good understanding of complex computer systems.
- Strong CS fundamentals, rigor in engineering.
- Familiarity with Java/Scala/Ruby on Rails/Hive/Spark is a plus.
- Knowledge of statistics and machine learning
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...