Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. We began as a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world, but homes are just the beginning. We believe in the positive power of using technology to connect people to genuine, human experiences. Regardless of whether we are creating new product categories like local experiences or improving our personalized recommendation algorithm, infrastructure is the foundation upon which we create a world where anyone can belong anywhere.
Homes Infrastructure is responsible for building core services and infrastructure that are the backbone of the guest and host flows. Some of the key services developed by the teams are search, listing, availability, booking and reservation. These services are engineered to run at scale with high reliability and low latency. Homes Infrastructure also champions key company-wide engineering initiatives such as Airbnb’s migration from a monolithic application to a service-oriented architecture. We continuously work on scaling our infrastructure and improving speed across Airbnb’s technology stack. We are looking for candidates who share a passion for building scalable services and infrastructure and love building for the future. We look forward to working with you in solving Airbnb’s next set of engineering challenges!
We value engineers who have:
- 3+ years of relevant engineering work experience.
- Exceptional coding abilities and experience with architecting large scale applications.
- Working knowledge of large-scale storage and database systems: SQL and NoSQL, e.g. MySQL, Cassandra.
- Experience with service oriented architecture is a plus.
- Knowledge of event relay and streaming such as Kafka, Spark, Flink or similar is a plus.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours