About The Team
China is an important part of our Airbnb global community and the travel network we built globally has positioned us to provide Chinese guests with unique travel experiences and help them belong anywhere. In the meantime, China is also an unique market and has posed many interesting challenges to us.
The China Infrastructure team is now looking for talented Software Engineers to solve these challenges with us. As an engineer, you will be involved in every stage of the product life cycle and exposed to a wide range of technologies including big data, distributed systems and machine learning. We are focusing on three different areas:
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 2+ years of industry experience
- Exceptional ability to work anywhere in the technical stack, delivering quality code both on the frontend and backend.
- Strong analytical thinking, experienced with making product decisions based on data and A/B testing.
- Working knowledge of relational databases and query authoring (SQL).
- Strong scripting ability in Ruby / Python / Bash.
- Experience with Java / Scala is preferred.
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices.
- Experience with open source technologies like Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, Presto, and Spark is a plus.
- Experience with data at petabyte scale or Machine learning is a plus.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...