What is the Booking team at Airbnb?
The Booking team is responsible for the core host and guest booking experience. Our goal is to simplify the booking flow to make it easier to book an incredible trip on Airbnb. We're solving multi-faceted problems at the heart of our business, such as accurate availability, booking funnel optimization and host preferences.
The Booking team has a broad scope, which means you’ll have ownership and impact on large chunks of our core product. We’ve worked on the messaging system, checkout page and listing management tools. As a team member, you’ll help grow the team and have lots of responsibility.
Our work spans from backend services all the way to beautiful UI’s, and we’re looking for full-stack engineers who want to design and implement new features for Airbnb. Engineers play a key role in product development from concept to launch. As part of the team, you’ll have a huge impact on the future of Airbnb.
What are examples of work Booking engineers have done at Airbnb?
- We have concrete and measurable goals, and as a result, we are metric driven, and love experiments! This experiment/data-driven approach has helped us tremendously in making huge progress towards our goals. For instance, we introduced IB in LYS and kept iterating on it, increasing the adoption in each iteration, we iterated on the Guest experience and completely flipped the way Booking works on Airbnb, we reduce the cancellation rate by iterating on the IB churn flow.
Blog Post from Our Team:
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Ability to work anywhere in the technical stack, delivering quality code both on the frontend and backend.
- Experience building and passionate about creating great products.
- Analytical thinking and experience with data and A/B testing to make product decisions.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...