Engineering Manager, Developer Infrastructure
Engineering Manager, Developer Infrastructure at Airbnb
Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can Belong Anywhere. As we grow to achieve that mission, we’re looking to add highly technical, hands-on, and mission-driven Engineering Managers to lead our engineering efforts.
As an Engineering Manager on the Developer Platform team, you’ll lead a team of talented engineers that owns the infrastructure that all Airbnb engineers use to write and ship high quality code at scale. Our team is impactful and high-leverage: we work every day to make the entire engineering organization more productive.
Some examples of current infrastructure work:
- Scaling up our in-house CI/CD system, the largest distributed system at Airbnb.
Enhancing our cloud-based development environment, which uses Kubernetes and Docker to provide every developer with their own private replica of Airbnb.
- Creating our next-generation continuous-integration and continuous delivery systems.
- Providing fast, stable builds and tests across our entire tech stack.
Creating infrastructure, frameworks and environments to run end-to-end integration tests, including a platform for fast, deterministic UI tests for Android [blog post, github].
Adding support for mixed-language (ObjC / Swift) iOS development to Buck [blog post, now in Buck core].
We value Engineering Managers who have:
- Required: 5+ years of relevant engineering work experience and 3+ hands-on technical management experience
- Exceptional coding abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications
- Led operations for high availability production systems.
- Been actively involved in setting infrastructure related roadmaps and product strategy.
- Excelled at building highly-functional, healthy, inclusive and collaborative teams.
- Actively coached and mentored team members in their careers
- Track record in partnering with recruiting to build incredible engineering teams
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...