Airbnb has become a global platform that connects travelers and hosts from over 34,000 cities. The mission of the Infrastructure team is to create leverage for Airbnb employees. The team spans data platforms, production platforms and frontend platforms. Everything from our data warehouse and experimentation tools to the native mobile build systems to our online databases.
We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist focused on analytics to join our team. Working alongside Engineers, PMs and other Data Scientists and digging deep into Airbnb's data, you will help translate complex findings and results into a compelling narrative. In this role, you will have tremendous upwards exposure as the Data Science team’s mouthpiece to senior business partners. If you’re passionate about leveraging data to drive business and product decisions, we want to hear from you.
Examples of projects you would work on:
- Measure the business impact of site incidents to help both Infrastructure and Product teams to set priorities
- Monitor system health proactively by creating a set of metrics and leverage techniques such as anomaly detection to identify incidents
- Define key metrics to measure the site performance across web and mobile in different stages of the booking flow.
- Scope experimentation plans to measure impact of performance improvements
- Shape the trajectory of the broader organization by deep diving to understand the right goals to set
Some examples of traits we value:
- Minimum 4 years industry experience
- A graduate degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or related field is highly preferred
- Ability to write clean and concise code, especially in Python, R and SQL
- Expert on building data pipelines, and implementing visualizations, dashboards, and reports
- Experience in A/B testing and experimentation design
- Nice to have basic knowledge in machine learning modeling
- Strong communication skills, consulting experience is a plus
- A “business owner” mindset - someone who will not just bring data to the table but will bring recommendations and own the outcome