The Trips business has an ambitious goal of transforming Airbnb from an accommodations business to an end to end travel platform, through expanding and growing new product offerings including experiences and restaurants. We are reimagining travel by immersing travelers in unique and authentic experiences around the world.
As the Data Science Manager for Trips Platform, you’ll have the potential for massive impact, influencing key strategic decisions by bringing data to the table when it matters most. The Trips Platform team will be responsible for tying the entire trip together in a single place through inspiration, organization and optimization of search for our users. You will lead a team of top Data Scientists and collaborate with a strong team of Engineers and Product Managers and leverage Airbnb’s rich data and state-of-art data science infrastructure.
We are still very early in our journey here at Airbnb. If you have a proven background in the field of product analytics, search, & machine learning, are interested in making significant impact and passionate about redefining the future of travel, we're excited to hear from you.
- Act as both a data science leader and business leader, contributing and leading key strategic initiatives for Trips Platform
- Build, scale and lead a world class data science team, growing leaders on the team
- Create a roadmap for using data as an essential part creating the Trips Platform
Some examples of traits we are looking for:
- Demonstrated expertise in using data to drive business goals through improved decision making and algorithms
- Experience working with other technical teams and executives
- 10+ years of relevant data science work experience and 5+ hands-on technical management experience (leading both data scientists and managers)
- Ability to read code and guide the work of data scientists using R/Python languages
- Passion for working with data at scale and empowering organizations through data
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored data talks
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...