As Manager of Data Science for Payments, you will lead the data science efforts that support the complete global payment platform for Airbnb, and work closely with our payments leadership and our COO to set the strategy.
We are building a world-class payments platform - one that currently supports 191 countries, 70 currencies, connects dozens of payment providers and banks, and processes multiple billions of dollars. As the platform grows, we’ll be adding new payment partners, global licenses, and building new payment experiences for our guests and hosts. The Payments team builds a scalable foundation to support global scale, helps the company grow by bringing new markets and demographics to the platform, and enables new business initiatives to thrive by providing easy to use payment services.
Airbnb is a marketplace that connects guests and hosts and the most important function is in providing the level of trust needed to enable each transaction. Payments is central to creating that trust, which is why Payments is a core and strategic part of Airbnb.
You would be joining the team at a critical early-stage. The team is responsible for for anything to do with money at Airbnb and everything that comes with it - global processing, financial reporting, compliance, licensing, and taxes. The team leverages machine learning and statistical modeling to improve the community and optimize growth. We will need a world class data science team to succeed.
Meet the people, and learn about the challenges on Payments here.
- Act as both a data science leader and a business leader, contributing and leading key strategic initiatives for Payments
- Lead development of new revenue products based on data and modeling
- Build, scale, and lead a world class data science team, growing leaders on the team
- Create a roadmap for using data as an essential part of the payments product, from credit risk modeling to routing optimization
- Set up key metrics and monitoring for the payments ecosystem
- Guide strategic analysis to inform decisions and team direction
- Provide a fun and collaborative work environment that fosters innovation
For this role, we value:
- Demonstrated expertise in using data to drive business goals through improved decision making and algorithms
- Experience working with financial and product executives
- 10+ years of relevant data science work experience and 5+ hands-on technical management experience (leading both data scientists and managers)
- Ability to read code and guide the work of data scientists using R/Python languages
- Passion for working with data at scale and empowering organizations through data
- In-depth financial and payments expertise is a plus
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored data talks
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...