The Trips Team has an ambitious goal of transforming Airbnb from an accommodations business to an end to end travel platform, through expanding and growing new product offerings including experiences and restaurants. We are reimagining travel by immersing travelers in unique and authentic experiences around the world. The Analytics team plays a crucial role in realizing this mission by fueling actionable data insights to drive huge impacts in a wide range of areas from influencing business strategies, product direction to operational excellence.
As the Data Science Manager - Analytics, you’ll have the potential for massive impact, influencing key strategic decisions by bringing data to the table when it matters most. You will inspire new changes to the product through proactive exploration of the data, and frame your recommendations with a clear view into the assumptions you have made and the rigor employed in the analysis. You will lead a team of elite Data Scientists and collaborate with a strong team of Engineers and Product Managers and leverage Airbnb’s rich data and state-of-art data science infrastructure.
We’ve already seen tremendous growth, but we are still very early in our journey. If you have a proven background in the field of product analytics, are interested in making significant impact and passionate about redefining the future of travel, we're excited to hear from you.
Some examples of traits we are looking for:
- 2+ years of management experience required
- 5+ years in industry strongly preferred
- Technical ability to work within the Airbnb data stack (SQL and R/Python) to jump in on analytical work when needed
- Demonstrated expertise in strategic analysis to impact decisions
- Executive communication skills
- Keen eye for detail and thoughtful investigation of data before relying upon it
- Steadfast focus on creating impactful change