The Lux Team is focused on creating a brand new business within Airbnb: a product for the Luxury travel segment. We're re-imagining the Luxury space, and deciding how Luxury Retreats and Airbnb can join forces to create the best Luxury travel experience possible. You will be the leader for data science across the business, building out, almost from scratch, all data science and analytical capacity to drive the growth of the business, working across supply, the guest experience, and the operational teams.
As the Data Science Lead for Lux, you’ll have the potential for massive impact, influencing key strategic decisions by bringing data to the table when it matters most. You will inspire new changes to the product through proactive exploration of the data, and frame your recommendations with a clear view into the assumptions you have made and the rigor employed in the analysis. You will collaborate with a strong team of engineers and product managers and leverage Airbnb’s rich data and state-of-art data science infrastructure. In this role, you will build a team of data scientists and analysts across San Francisco and Montreal.
We have an incredible team of Data Scientists, our work is highly sought-after, and our impact on the business is tremendous. If you have a proven background in this field and are excited to help build Airbnb’s community, we want to hear from you.
Some examples of traits we are looking for:
- 7+ years in industry preferred
- 3+ years of mentorship and management experience
- Demonstrated expertise in strategic analysis to impact decisions
- Executive communication skills
- PhD, Masters degree in a quantitative field, or equivalent work experience to develop expertise in a quantitative field
- Ability to work within the Airbnb data stack (SQL and R/Python) to jump in on analytical work as you build the team
- Familiarity with machine learning and other advanced statistical techniques, to be able to hire and manage individuals with that expertise
- Keen eye for detail and thoughtful investigation of data before relying upon it
- Steadfast focus on creating impactful change