Software Engineer, Full Stack (Portland)
In Portland, full-stack engineers on the Support Products team build world-class tools for our team of Customer Experience and Trust and Safety agents around the world, to ensure our guests and hosts have a great experience on Airbnb, 24/7, and 365 days a year.
Airbnb has a huge global operational staff that must scale with our user base. Our job as engineers is as challenging as it is exciting: We own the entire tech stack responsible for their success.
Some example projects we have shipped:
- a new real-time messaging channel for contacting Customer Experience
- an advanced ticket routing system to match user issues against available customer service agent skills
- advanced analytical data pipelines for monitoring performance, stability, and tool usage
Our product feedback loop is immediate which means we can rapidly iterate and deploy. If you enjoy building full stack applications from the ground up, leveraging the newest technologies to delight users, and executing like an entrepreneur, then you’ve found the right place.
- Build services and APIs to drive existing and new features for web and mobile apps
- Work with data scientists and business analysts to define, capture, and use real-time event data for business insights and product features
- Collaborate with infrastructure engineering teams to participate in, validate, and evolve how we build, test, and deploy code in a distributed Service-Oriented Architecture
- Alter existing and develop new data access and protection patterns to ensure our community’s personal data is safe and secure, at scale
- Frontend, Backend, or Full-Stack experience in a work-setting or classroom-setting. 2+ years of industry experience in engineering.
- Evidence of exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms).
- Experience with web development best practices such as A/B testing, continuous integration
- Understanding of data structures and problem solving approaches, and ability to articulate trade offs
- Passion for creating highly effective technology platform for our growing global workforce
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...