Senior Back End Software Engineer – Singapore at Agoda Singapore
This is a full time position working on site in our offices in Singapore.
Agoda is a Booking Holdings (BKNG) company, the world’s leading provider of brands that help people book great experiences through technology. And as a Booking Holdings company, we are part of the largest online travel company in the world. Technology is not just what we do – it’s at the heart of who we are. We have the dynamism and short chain of command of a start-up and the capital to make things happen. We love innovation and putting new technologies to work to extend our lead on the competition.
Working in one of the largest international Internet employers headquartered in Asia, your work has an impact on what we do around the globe. We move fast – why wait ages to see your ideas go live? Work on tough challenges, safe in the knowledge that you are surrounded by people as smart as you are (if not smarter!) to help solve them. And while we’re on the subject, Agoda people come from over 74 countries: It’s an incredible technical creative melting pot.
What’s stopping you from getting in touch?
- Top-notch developer with extensive knowledge in Scala, Java?
- Has strong background in design and implementation of scalable architecture and a good understanding of Algorithms, Data structures and design patterns?
- Hungry to learn new tools, languages and technologies?
Agoda Platform team is looking for developers to work on mission critical systems that deals with the designing and development of a system that serves millions of users a day.
What we are looking for
- You will have 5+ years’ experience under your belt developing performance-critical applications that run in a production environment using Scala and or Java.
- You have RDBMS knowledge (SQL Server, Oracle, MySql or other)
- Some plus if you have knowledge in one or more of the following: NoSQL (especially, but not only Cassandra), Queueing system experience (Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, MSMQ), Play framework, Akka library.
- You have a Good command of the English language.
- You are passionate about the craft of software development and constantly work to improve your knowledge and skills.
- Singaporean or eligible to work in Singapore are preferred.
What we can offer
- Work for a profitable business with the atmosphere of a fun start-up.
- Work on interesting problems with a high degree of autonomy.
- Competitive salary and benefits.