Agoda is the largest and fastest growing online hotel booking platform in Asia. And as a Booking Holding company, we are part of the largest online travel company in the world. We have the dynamism and short chain of command of a startup and the capital to make things happen. In this competitive world of online travel agencies, finding even the slightest advantage in the data can make or break a company. That is why we put data systems in our top priorities.
Our systems scale across multiple data centers, totaling a few million writes per second and managing petabytes of data. We deal with problems from real-time data-ingestion, replication, enrichment, storage and analytics. We are not just using Big Data technologies, we are pushing them to the edge.
While we are proud of what we built so far, there is still a long way to go to fulfill our vision of data. We are looking the right person to lead our core data platform team, architecting the solutions and pushing the adoption at the teams.
- Lead the devs in the group to develop the right culture and methodologies within the team
- Set the KPIs for the team and work with team leads to make sure they are met
- Sign off any architecture or design within the teams
- Build the road map for our big data ecosystem and set the milestones and commitment from the teams
- Represent the data platform team and products outside the team, collect requirements and push for adoptions of new features.
- Leadership skills, ability to inspire others and good communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Information Systems / Engineering / related field
- At least 10 years experience in software development in agile environment
- At least 5 years experience in management of development teams
- Experience in architecting large scale systems with preference to big data
- Experience with big data technologies - Hadoop, Cassandra, Spark, Kafka, etc..
- Experience troubleshooting problems and working with a team to resolve large scale production issues
- Experience with configuration management systems (eg. Puppet, Chef, Saltstack, etc) and version control (eg. git, svn)
Some tech we use
Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Impala, Scala, Avro, Parquet,Sensu, ElasticSearch, Python, Django, Postgres, Vertica, Graphite, Grafana, MSSQL, AtScale.
This job is based in Bangkok and would require you to join our Bangkok office. We welcome both local and international applications for this role. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available.
Agoda is a Booking Holdings (BKNG) company, the world’s leading provider of brands that help people book great experiences through technology.