Senior Data Engineer
New York City
We provide a groundbreaking platform for rapid-cycle analytics of real-world healthcare data that our customers use to generate real-time evidence on the effectiveness, safety, and value of healthcare interventions. With this essential evidence in hand, our customers can make the smart, value-driven decisions needed to transform the way we experience healthcare on a global scale.
We are uniquely positioned to gain a large market opportunity, therefore we are embarking on a rapid growth cycle in order to develop an infrastructure to increase our impact.
If you’re scientifically minded, passionate about technology and want to make a real difference in people's health and well-being then Aetion is the place for you.
The following duties include, but are not limited to:
- Parse large volumes of patient data into formats amenable to scientific analysis. For scale, data sets contain ~10-20 million patients, and ~50 million patient-years of diagnoses, procedures, and payments
- Work closely with our scientists to understand client data sets and validate data integrity
- Extend and leverage our current Java based ETL platform
- Work with our Data Engineers to specify our next generation ETL platform
- Optimize performance of data import and analysis over large data sets
- Strong CS fundamentals & Java proficiency. Systems programming experience is a plus
- Expertise in building and maintaining scalable and reliable ETL jobs
- Expertise in data profiling (i.e. source data analysis)
- Ability to work with various data infrastructure technologies, including:
- SQL relational databases
- Distributed processing engines (e.g. Spark)
- No-SQL data stores (e.g. Redis/Cassandra)
- Expert level SQL
- Data modeling skills, both relational and non-relational
- Leadership with a vision – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS.
- Socialized and Energetic Offices – We are in a new office with a modern layout, a giant kitchen and eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry Meetups and events.
- Ideal Location – We are located in the heart of Manhattan with great views of the city, ample restaurants, cafes, bars, and shopping. Within walking distance of Grand Central and the beautiful Bryant Park, our office is easily accessible by mass transportation.
- Great Perks – We offer competitive salaries, top of the line benefits, company ownership stock options, ample vacation, 401(k) match and daily lunch provision.
- Aetion is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing a diverse workforce.