Please note: This is an Entry Level position (1-2 Years Experience Required)
Ordering a pizza? Buying a pair of trainers? Watching a movie? Chances are Adyen is handling your payment. We are a fast-growing technology company, delivering seamless payment experiences to customers around the world.
Driven by a vision to improve customer experience, streamline processes, and ultimately increase revenue, we enable businesses to process payments across online, mobile, and Point-of-Sale (POS) with over 250 payment methods in 185 transaction currencies all over the world. Over 4,000 businesses use the Adyen payment platform, including Facebook, Freelancer, Kogan, Spotify, Groupon, Evernote, Booking.com and Uber.
As a part of our skilled team in Sydney, we need you to contribute to our growth in Australia. The Technical Support Engineer works closely with other teams, such as Sales & Account Managers and the Development team, but is part of our Global Technical Support team.
This position is based in Sydney and reports to the Head of Implementation and Support APAC.
- Experience: You have 1-2 years experience in a technical field - think web development, eCommerce and POS systems (any payments experience is a plus!)
- Great Language Skills: You are fluent in English. For non-native English speakers an IELTS score of 8.5 or above is required.
- Be a key source of knowledge on the Adyen platform and APIs, the underlying web-stack technologies, and industry-standard integration methods and best practices;
- Provide support to merchant technical personnel, leveraging knowledge and expertise to troubleshoot technical problems and create the best possible merchant experience;
- Advise merchants regarding the best implementation practices and also address specific merchants issues.
- Serve as a feedback loop for the organization, gathering merchant’s feedback, evaluating merchant needs, and communicating these to product and management personnel.
- Creative: You are innovative, have strong analysis and problem solving capabilities and you are able to adapt to new processes and procedures quickly while dealing with various technical support requests;
- Skilled in Time Management: You have the ability to prioritise appropriately based on urgency, necessity and both internal and external requests;
- A Team Player: You are part of a great team supporting merchants, so our merchants can rest easy when queries arise; knowing they can reach out to you or your colleague who will personally take responsibility and find a resolution to their problem; We work as a team, without ego’s, helping team members and colleagues alike;
- Independent: You are committed and you have demonstrated an ability to maintain high levels of productivity with minimal supervision;
- Flexible: You’ve had previous exposure to environments rich in uncertainty and you show a resulting track record of successfully dealing with ambiguity;
- A good Communicator: You have the ability to interfacing seamlessly with a global, multicultural team (excellent collaboration skills, culturally sensitive, adjusts his or her communication style to audiences).
Are you a cultural fit?
At Adyen our people are our greatest asset. Our unique company culture attracts the smartest people, who take initiative & ownership, truly contributing to our exponential growth. We believe that people reach the utmost if we give them freedom, opportunities and responsibility to build Adyen. Our culture is very informal and direct. We talk straight without being rude. We are extremely customer centric. We believe in teamwork, and don’t like ego’s and hierarchy. When taking a decision, we take them quickly but always involve others. We provide each other regular informal feedback and let everyone design their own growth path.
We offer a competitive salary and great career opportunities within a global payments company. Become part of an international work environment and take your career to the next level.