Technical Support Engineer
Ordering a pizza? Buying a pair of trainers? Watching a movie? Chances are Adyen is handling your payment. We are a fast-growing technology company, delivering seamless payment experiences to customers around the world.
Driven by a vision to improve customer experience, streamline processes, and ultimately increase revenue, we enable businesses to process payments across online, mobile, and Point-of-Sale (POS) with over 250 payment methods in 187 transaction currencies all over the world. Over 4,000 businesses use the Adyen payment platform, including Facebook, Grab, Spotify, Groupon, Evernote and Booking.com.
As a part of our skilled team in Singapore, we need you to contribute to our growth in Asia-Pacific. The Technical Support Engineer works closely with the other APAC teams, such as Sales Managers and the Development team, but is part of our global Technical team.
This position is based in Singapore and reports to the Head of Implementation and Support APAC.
- Be a key source of knowledge on the Adyen platform and APIs, the underlying web-stack technologies, and industry-standard integration methods and best practices;
- Serve as the first line of support for merchant technical personnel, leveraging knowledge and expertise to troubleshoot technical problems and create the best possible merchant experience;
- Serve as a feedback loop for the organization, gathering merchant’s feedback, evaluating merchant needs, and communicating these to product and management personnel.
- Creative: You are innovative, have strong analysis and problem solving capabilities and you are able to adapt to new processes and procedures quickly while dealing with various technical support requests;
- Skilled in Time Management: You have the ability to prioritise appropriately based on urgency, necessity and both internal and external requests;
- A Team Player: As the company grows, so does the need for a greater foundation. With a great team supporting them, our merchants can rest easy when queries arise; knowing they have someone to reach out to that will be able to personally take responsibility and find a resolution to their problem helping team members and colleagues alike;
- Hands-on experienced: You have worked with point-of-sale systems or e-commerce platforms such as Magento, Demandware, Hybris, IBM Websphere, Netsuite, etc.;
- Independent: You are committed and you have demonstrated an ability to maintain high levels of productivity with minimal supervision;
- Flexible: You’ve had previous exposure to environments rich in uncertainty and you show a resulting track record of successfully dealing with ambiguity;
- A good Communicator: You have the ability to interfacing seamlessly with a global, multicultural team (excellent collaboration skills, culturally sensitive, adjusts his or her communication style to audiences).
Preferably you have:
- Payments experience: You have worked at a company or in the payments / Fintech space
- Programming skills: You have the abilities to write scripts and queries, PHP or Java code is a plus;
- Great language skills: You are fluent in English, additional languages such as Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, Korean are highly valued.
Are you a cultural fit?
At Adyen our people are our greatest asset. Our unique company culture attracts the smartest people, who take initiative & ownership, truly contributing to our exponential growth. We believe that people reach the utmost if we give them freedom, opportunities and responsibility to build Adyen. Our culture is very informal and direct. We talk straight without being rude. We are extremely customer centric. We believe in teamwork, and don’t like ego’s and hierarchy. When taking a decision we take them quickly but always involve others. We provide each other regular informal feedback and let everyone design their own growth path.
Who are we?
Adyen is a technology company that provides a single platform to accept payments anywhere in the world through any sales channel. Driven by a vision to improve customer experience, streamline processes, and ultimately increase revenue, Adyen enables businesses to process payments across online, mobile, and Point-of-Sale (POS) with over 250 payment methods in over 150 transaction currencies. 4,000+ businesses use the Adyen payment platform, including Facebook, Netflix, Spotify, Cathay Pacific, Agoda, Booking.com, eBay, Grab and Redmart. Adyen is headquartered in Amsterdam, with offices in Singapore, Shanghai, Sydney, Melbourne, San Francisco, New York, São Paulo, Mexico City, London, Paris, Berlin, Brussels, Stockholm and Madrid.
We offer a competitive salary and great career opportunities within a global payments company. Become part of an international work environment and take your career to the next level.