Adyen is looking for a full-time Point of Sale Network Engineer for our POS team in Amsterdam.
The ideal candidate should have a solid networking background with broad troubleshooting experience, learn on the fly and be used to multi-vendor environment. Your advanced skills will be utilized on various internal and external projects and for keeping our in-house developed POS solution in perfect condition. We are looking for someone who is extremely merchant-focused and highly motivated by team success. Experience in a technology driven company is a definite plus.
- Technology: You must be proficient and have hands-on experience with the following technologies: Networks, Firewalls, Linux, Monitoring, Network security protocols and more.
- Experience: At least 5 years experience working in a production, multi-vendor environment. Minimum 5+ years of network configuration and administration, including network sniffing and analysis, network security.
- Knowledge: Solid understanding TCP/IP networking, DNS and HTTP(s), network security. Understanding of PCI and basic programming principles is a plus.
- Background: solid experience in problem analysis and resolution of network and software problems.
- Mentality: Team player who is open to feedback. Able to work in a 24/7 environment, make quick informed decisions and handle pressure. Since this role also includes merchant facing tasks at high level excellent communication skills and organisational sensitivity is required.
- Consulting: Advise merchants regarding the best implementation practices and also address specific merchants issues.
- Creative: You will be innovative, have strong problem solving capabilities and is able to adapt to new processes and procedures quickly while dealing with many varied technical requests.
- Independent: You will also be committed, flexible, and have demonstrated an ability to maintain high levels of productivity with minimal supervision.
- Writing: Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Language: Fluent in English.
- Relocation: Is possible.
Adyen is a technology company that provides a single platform to accept payments anywhere in the world through any sales channel. Driven by a vision to improve customer experience, streamline processes, and ultimately increase revenue, Adyen enables businesses to process payments across online, mobile, and Point-of-Sale (POS) with over 250 payment methods in 187 transaction currencies. Over 3,500 businesses use the Adyen payment platform, including Facebook, Airbnb, Spotify, Groupon, Evernote, Booking.com, Yelp, Vodafone, Mango, Abercrombie & Fitch, O’Neill, and KLM. Adyen is headquartered in Amsterdam, with offices in San Francisco, New York, São Paulo, Singapore, London, Paris, Berlin, Stockholm, Madrid, and Shanghai.
Our company culture
At Adyen our people are our greatest asset. Our unique company culture attracts the smartest people, who take initiative & ownership and can truly contribute to our fast growth. We believe that people reach the utmost if we give them freedom, opportunities and responsibility to build Adyen. Our culture is very informal and direct. We talk straight without being rude. We are extremely customer centric. We believe in teamwork, and don’t like egos and hierarchy. When taking a decision we take them quickly but always involve others to further improve. We provide each other regular informal feedback and let everyone design their own growth path.
We offer a competitive salary and great career opportunities within a global payments company. Become part of an international work environment and take your career to the next level.