Ordering a pizza? Buying a pair of trainers? Watching a movie? Chances are Adyen is handling your payment. We are a fast-growing technology company, delivering seamless payment experiences to customers around the world. Driven by a vision to improve customer experience, streamline processes, and ultimately increase revenue, we enable businesses to process payments across online, mobile, and Point-of-Sale (POS) with over 250 payment methods in 187 transaction currencies all over the world. Over 5,000 businesses use the Adyen payment platform, including Facebook, Spotify, Groupon, Evernote, Booking.com, Yelp, Vodafone, Mango, Abercrombie & Fitch, O’Neill, and KLM. We are headquartered in Amsterdam, with offices around the globe.
We are looking for a Plug-In/Web Developer to join our team in Amsterdam. In this role you will be responsible for building new plug-ins that communicate with the Adyen Platform and support the current shopping carts plugins (Magento, Demandware and Hybris). New plug-ins can be integrations to shopping carts, Point of Sale and Marketplace solutions.
We are looking for someone who brings solid E-commerce knowledge along with detailed knowledge of Java and PHP. You enjoy working with people and creating products that they will use, rather than implementing code from specifications. As such, you have the opportunity to interact with both engineering teams and business stakeholders, while managing your own product. Our shopping cart customers expect proactive communication and constant innovation, and this role is fundamental to Adyen’s success with shopping carts and omni-channel solutions.
- The Shopping Cart Implementation Manager will be assigned to develop new features for our shopping cart plug-ins and manage the community using this;
- Plug-in (Via GitHub, for instance);
- Daily communication with internal and external clients to ensure projects progress smoothly and deliverables are met on time;
- Ability to identify issues and roadblocks ahead of time and over come them;
- You will design and implement an appropriate integration approach to optimize the business performance of our clients;
- Becoming an Adyen Product Expert as well as a Payment industry expert as it pertains to Adyen;
- Degree or background in computer science;
- Detail-orientated and the ability to work on multiple integrations in parallel;
- Experience in managing customer relationships and expectations (internal/external);
- Ability to gather technical requirements and develop a plan to execute those requirements;
- Experience with API integrations (REST/SOAP);
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Git (GitHub);
- Affinity with shopping carts like Magento a plus;
- Affinity with e-commerce / OmniChannel / payment industry Technical Knowledge a plus;
Our company culture
Our people are our greatest asset. Our unique company culture attracts the smartest people, who take initiative & ownership and can truly contribute to our fast growth. We believe that you are able to reach the utmost if we give you freedom, opportunities and responsibility to build Adyen. Our culture is very informal and direct. We believe in teamwork, and don’t like egos and hierarchy. When taking a decision we take them quickly but always involve others to further improve. We provide each other regular informal feedback and let everyone design their own growth path.
Want to grow your career and make an impact from day one?
We offer a competitive salary, knowledge sharing internal events, exchange program to other offices, help with relocation and great career opportunities. Become part of an international work environment and take your career to the next level!