About the Role:
AdRoll’s Incrementality Team is seeking a Staff Data Scientist to further develop advertising optimization strategies that fundamentally drive value for customers of our marketing platform.
You will be joining a ground floor effort driven by a team of engineers tasked with solving challenging technical problems that are of paramount importance to the company’s future. Your task is to architect, collaborate and implement solutions to problems that will put you in a position to both learn and act as a leader.
This position will be the very first dedicated data science engineer hired as part of AdRoll’s incrementality project. Your mission will be to research, envision, validate, and pioneer concepts in order to model the worth of individual advertising buys from an incremental standpoint. This is a groundbreaking effort in our company’s history and you will be at the forefront of our efforts. We seek to intrinsically align our ad purchases with the causal effect of those advertising impressions. While there is industry momentum around this concept and research is ongoing, there are no established standard methodologies or formulaic recipes to follow. We look to add someone with the right level of seniority and expertise who can architect and ultimately build our overall strategy.
At AdRoll Engineering, we value the freedom and autonomy we give to our employees and urge everyone to use a multitude of different technologies based on their interests. In this position, you have the chance to create, build, and own complex data science pipelines and modeling solutions.
- Research key concepts for incremental bidding and measurement
- Actively partner up with existing data science team members to identify key issues and craft your own solutions based off your knowledge and understanding of the tech stack and tool set
- Validate hypotheses through rigorous analysis and testing
- Collaborate with the backend engineering team to execute solutions within our production environment
- Mentor, teach, hire, and share knowledge to strengthen and improve the datasci and engineering teams
- BS or MS in Math or CompSci
- 5+ years working in datasci/analytics
- Prior experience as a proven team leader
- Experience with low-level programming (ie C, C++, etc)
- Familiarity or interest in Python, Docker, and AWS
- Previous experience in the AdTech industry
- Author of published research papers
- Competitive salary and equity
- Remote and Work From Home friendly environment
- Medical / Dental / Vision benefits
- Paid time off and generous holiday schedule
- The opportunity to win the coveted Golden Bagel award
About AdRoll Group:
In 2007 AdRoll, now AdRoll Group, was founded with the objective of helping big and small businesses turn their customer data into high-performance marketing. From this inspiration, AdRoll grew to AdRoll Group, the Growth Platform Company. Organized around world-class data and automation, the company is home to AdRoll, the E-commerce Growth Platform, and RollWorks, the B2B Growth Platform. Each division is able to leverage shared platform capabilities, BidIQ artificial intelligence, and the IntentMap, a data co-op of more than 1.2 billion digital profiles, to solve online growth and connections for over 37,000 marketers worldwide.
AdRoll Group is a privately-held company headquartered in San Francisco, CA with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, London, Tokyo, Chicago, and Salt Lake City. Learn more at adrollgroup.com.