About the Role:
Members of Data Science Engineering have a passion for not only mathematics, but also technology. If you join our team, you will have the opportunity to stay on the cutting edge of research and then to put this research to practical use by building your own software and infrastructure systems. When you push out your code, you will be able to see the results of your efforts ripple throughout our systems in real-time.
Our advanced optimization team focuses on utilizing data to drive revenue at AdRoll while optimizing value for individual marketers across our growing product eco-system.
Your main responsibility will be to improve and scale our internal optimization algorithms. You have a deep understanding of statistics, experimental design, and software engineering. You are comfortable working with AdRoll’s large dataset and possess the ability to articulate recommendations in a clear and concise way. You will bring a real passion for finding creative end-to-end engineering solutions to complex business problems.
- Develop scalable algorithms to optimize and monitor campaign performances across a diverse group of over 30,000 marketers
- Design and run experiments to optimize user segmentation, campaign setup, and real-time bidding strategies
- Report on department-level achievement of goals
- Conduct reviews of code and system designs
- Communicating and convincing vested stakeholders the nuanced benefits/drawbacks of your proposed solution.
- MS/BS in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Quantitative Finance, Physics or a related degree
- 2+ years industry experience is a requirement
- Strong programming skills in Python
- Deep statistical skills - experience conducting field experiments and interpreting results to partners
- 1+ year experience with distributed analytic processing engines like MapReduce/Hive/Presto/Spark
- Superb communication, organization, and problem solving skills
- Background in online advertising
- Familiarity with a wide breadth of mathematical knowledge (e.g., convex optimization, Bayesian analysis, control theory)
- Humor. Old school video games. Robots.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Remote and Work From Home friendly environment
- Medical / Dental / Vision benefits
- Paid time off and generous holiday schedule
- The opportunity to win the coveted Golden Bagel award
About AdRoll Group:
In 2007 AdRoll, now AdRoll Group, was founded with the objective of helping big and small businesses turn their customer data into high-performance marketing. From this inspiration, AdRoll grew to AdRoll Group, the Growth Platform Company. Organized around world-class data and automation, the company is home to AdRoll, the E-commerce Growth Platform, and RollWorks, the B2B Growth Platform. Each division is able to leverage shared platform capabilities, BidIQ artificial intelligence, and the IntentMap, a data co-op of more than 1.2 billion digital profiles, to solve online growth and connections for over 37,000 marketers worldwide.
AdRoll Group is a privately-held company headquartered in San Francisco, CA with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, London, Tokyo, Chicago, and Salt Lake City. Learn more at adrollgroup.com.