About the Role:
AdRoll’s Incrementality Team is seeking a Backend Engineer to develop a measurement platform designed to clearly exhibit the value of AdRoll’s marketing platform to a customer’s incremental sales.
You will be joining a ground floor effort driven by a team of engineers tasked with solving challenging technical problems that are of paramount importance to the company’s future. You will be tasked with architecting, collaborating and implementing solutions to problems that will put you in a position to learn and grow.
You will be one of a handful of engineers hired as part of AdRoll’s Incrementality project. Your mission will be to work with others to further a data processing pipeline and its reporting methodologies. This is a groundbreaking effort in our company’s history and you will be at the forefront of our efforts. We seek to fundamentally prove to our customers the causal effect of AdRoll’s advertising platform on incremental customer sales. While there is industry momentum around this concept, and research is ongoing, there are no established best practices or formulaic recipes to follow. We look to add someone with the right background and capability who can help us design and craft our various methodologies.
At AdRoll Engineering, we value the freedom and autonomy we give to our employees and urge everyone to use a multitude of different technologies based on their interests. In this position, you have the chance to create, build, and own complex data pipelines and technical solutions.
- Collaborate with various teams in order to gather requirements, design architectural solutions, and execute on plans
- Work to implement complex, multi-faceted tasks with a team
- Make well-founded decisions on new technology and processes to adopt
- Computer science degree
- 3+ years working in software engineering
- Experience with big data processing pipelines
- Familiarity or interest in Python, Docker, and AWS
- Contributions to the open source community
- Experience with machine learning
- Experience in a low level programming language and optimization
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical / Dental / Vision benefits
- Paid time off and generous holiday schedule
- The opportunity to win the coveted Golden Bagel award
Since 2007, AdRoll has been on a mission to help businesses compete online and grow revenue. Ambitious commerce brands use the AdRoll Growth Platform to make their display, social, and email advertising work together to accelerate business growth. Powered by industry-leading automation and personalization, brands are better able to structure, measure, and sync their marketing efforts. Built for performance, our Growth Platform sees 37,000 customers generate more than $246 billion in sales annually.
AdRoll is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, London, Tokyo, Chicago, and Salt Lake City. Learn more at adroll.com.
AdRoll is committed to creating diverse teams of “Rollers” and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or other characteristics.