About the Role:
The Data Science Engineering (DSE) team is responsible for the economics of AdRoll’s core product. Our in-house machine learning frameworks run over hundreds of terabytes of data daily, ensuring our pricing engine stays fresh and accurate as it bids on billions of ad opportunities. DSE Infrastructure members have a passion for technology and mathematics, keeping our machine learning and analysis pipelines humming at petabyte scales.
Your main responsibility will be to lead a team that improves our internal targeting and audience algorithms. This means providing mentorship and guidance in machine learning and large data processing tasks. You’re happy to jump in where needed, leveraging your software engineering expertise to help the team get where it’s going faster. You must have the ability to articulate recommendations in a clear and concise way. You will bring a real passion for finding creative end-to-end engineering solutions to complex engineering problems.
- Lead a team that designs algorithms and pipelines that generate predictive models for a variety of signals and tasks
- Architect systems that crunch data and provide queryable interfaces for stakeholders
- Develop scalable algorithms to optimize and monitor targeting performance across a diverse group of over 30,000 marketers
- Report on department-level achievement of goals
- Conduct reviews of code and system designs
- Communicating and convincing vested stakeholders the nuanced benefits/drawbacks of proposed solutions.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Mathematics
- 4+ years experience with C, C++, Java, or other performant language
- Superb communication, organization, and problem solving skills
- Experience with manipulating large datasets
- Ability to architect scalable, high performance systems
- Experience in distributed computing frameworks and paradigms
- Enthusiasm to lead a fast-paced engineering team
- Background in online advertising
- Familiarity with a wide breadth of mathematical knowledge beyond machine learning
- Experience leading engineering projects
- Humor. Old school video games. Robots.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Remote and Work From Home friendly environment
- Medical / Dental / Vision benefits
- Paid time off and generous holiday schedule
- The opportunity to win the coveted Golden Bagel award
About AdRoll Group:
In 2007 AdRoll, now AdRoll Group, was founded with the objective of helping big and small businesses turn their customer data into high-performance marketing. From this inspiration, AdRoll grew to AdRoll Group, the Growth Platform Company. Organized around world-class data and automation, the company is home to AdRoll, the E-commerce Growth Platform, and RollWorks, the B2B Growth Platform. Each division is able to leverage shared platform capabilities, BidIQ artificial intelligence, and the IntentMap, a data co-op of more than 1.2 billion digital profiles, to solve online growth and connections for over 37,000 marketers worldwide.
AdRoll Group is a privately-held company headquartered in San Francisco, CA with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, London, Tokyo, Chicago, and Salt Lake City. Learn more at adrollgroup.com.