Adaptive Insights is powering a new generation of business planning for organizations seeking business agility in today’s fast-moving world. Traditional planning is too hard and too slow for today's agile businesses. That’s why we built the Adaptive Insights Business Planning Cloud for people in companies to collaborate, gain insights, and make smarter decisions, faster. We deliver powerful modeling for any size organization, that is easy enough for everybody who plans. Our platform is so fast and easy to deploy that it can be owned by anyone in the business. All of this is backed by a company that's easy to do business with. We will move mountains to ensure our customers’ success.
Making planning software easy to use is why we’ve won to date. It’s why people who use our products make more proactive, timely, and smarter decisions. It’s why our customers, from small businesses to the largest enterprises, are more agile, efficient, and competitive. And it’s why we are one of the fastest growing companies in the industry with over 3,700+ customers globally.
Honored two years in a row on the Forbes’ Top Cloud 100 list of cloud companies, a seven-time Deloitte Fast 500 winner, and named a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Strategic CPM Solutions, Adaptive Insights is addressing the needs of a large and rapidly growing business planning market.
Come be part of our journey!
We are looking for a passionate and experienced hands-on engineer to join our Performance Engineering team. Your focus will be on building a well-designed framework to measure performance characteristics of our product suite, identifying performance regressions across the breadth of functionality, and driving to the root cause of any degradation. You will work on speed and throughput of multiple layers including the Java application, database and web browser.
A successful candidate will be driven to build a well-designed framework leveraging the best of available open source technology to simulate high load in our labs to identify bottlenecks and enable analysis to pinpoint cause of slowdown.
- Bring your passion to contribute to an exceptional customer experience regarding performance and scalability of our suite of products.
- Own and operate a performance test suite which is integrated into a Continuous Integration pipeline to detect and troubleshoot degradation.
- Work closely with developers to tune for optimal performance under load.
- Capture, analyze metrics and usage trends to highlight performance improvements in product to delight customers.
- Respond to and resolve customer performance problems on a timely basis.
- BS degree, preferably in a Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 4+ years’ experience in developing or driving performance for large scale web applications
- Successful track record designing and implementing performance testing for large scale web applications using J2EE or .Net stack.
- Good understanding of load testing and profiling tools such as JMeter, Loadrunner, JProfiler, YourKit.
- Good understanding of Shell Scripting, Python, Java or other high level languages.
- Experience in the Java stack. You should be familiar with Java garbage collection and JVM configuration.
- Familiarity with next gen application performance management tools such as New Relic, AppDynamics and CA APM will be a plus.
- Proven ability to collaborate with Architects, Developers and DBA to tune complex systems.
- Working knowledge of system administration across Linux and Windows.
- Familiar with SQL performance tuning.