Adaptive Insights, a Workday company, makes software for people who plan. We're powering a new generation of business planning for organizations of all sizes with the Adaptive Insights Business Planning Cloud. Addressing the need for greater business agility in a world that moves fast, our Business Planning Cloud delivers a new way for everybody who plans to collaborate, gain business insights, and adapt with agility.
We're proud to be ranked by Montclare as the #16 Most Influential SaaS Company in the World, a seven-time Deloitte Fast 500 winner, and a leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Cloud Financial Planning & Analysis—reflecting that we're addressing the needs of a large and rapidly growing business planning market. Over 3,800 companies worldwide rely on the award-winning Adaptive Insights Business Planning Cloud to help manage business performance. We couldn’t be more proud!
We are looking for a passionate and experienced hands-on engineer to join our Performance Engineering team. Your focus will be on building a well-designed framework to measure performance characteristics of our product suite, identifying performance regressions across the breadth of functionality, and driving to the root cause of any degradation. You will work on speed and throughput of multiple layers including the Java application, database and web browser.
A successful candidate will be driven to build a well-designed framework leveraging the best of available open source technology to simulate high load in our labs to identify bottlenecks and enable analysis to pinpoint cause of slowdown.
- Bring your passion to contribute to an exceptional customer experience regarding performance and scalability of our suite of products.
- Own and operate a performance test suite which is integrated into a Continuous Integration pipeline to detect and troubleshoot degradation.
- Work closely with developers to tune for optimal performance under load.
- Capture, analyze metrics and usage trends to highlight performance improvements in product to delight customers.
- Respond to and resolve customer performance problems on a timely basis.
- BS degree, preferably in a Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 7+ years’ experience in developing or driving performance for large scale web applications
- Expert in deep performance analysis of applications built on Java framework.
- Experience in building performance analyis tools, custom dashboards and framework development using open source tools.
- Successful track record designing and implementing performance testing for large scale web applications using J2EE or .Net stack.
- Expert in load testing and profiling tools such as JMeter, Loadrunner, JProfiler, YourKit.
- Experience in any one of the languages - Java, Shell Scripting, Python, preferably Java.
- Experience in the Java stack. You should be familiar with Java garbage collection and JVM configuration.
- Familiarity with next gen application performance management tools such as New Relic, AppDynamics and CA APM will be a plus.
- Proven ability to collaborate with Architects, Developers and DBA to tune complex systems.
- Working knowledge of system administration across Linux and Windows.
- Familiar with SQL performance tuning.