Job Title: QE Automation Engineer
Department & Organization: Engineering
Location: Boston, MA or Toronto, CAN
Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Be a part of the Quality and Infrastructure Services team, delivering tests, infrastructure, tools and services that enable the validation of our products and services for stability, consistency and scale. You will advocate for quality, quality practices and continuous improvement.
QE at Acquia drive the quality tool chain and process. To get the job done in a way that can be continuously repeated, we use best of breed tools for automation and testing frameworks coupled with internal, proprietary systems. We participate in daily standup meetings with the development teams to keep abreast of and participate in the development of new features. We create, run, evaluate and remediate tests in collaboration with the development teams. We are dedicated to constantly reviewing and improving our process to ensure that the best possible code is delivered. We have an open and agile environment, where each QE team member works as part of a product group and as part of the larger QE team. An environment where developers write and execute tests and QE supports the testing infrastructure and automation while providing guidance and direction on quality best practices.
- Code automation tests, test configuration and test frameworks
- Maintain and execute existing test automation
- Interact and engage with the development teams on a daily basis
- Embed in development teams (looking at PRs, being at their standups, coordinating releases, etc.)
- Triage bugs, develop test plans, report and validate defects
- Actively engage in all aspects of the Agile process
- Review test coverage, test effectiveness and customer impact to drive prioritization of quality initiatives
- Lead by example
Educational and Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Cross-browser/platform experience
- 3 years programming experience in any of the web languages (perl, php, python, ruby) or object-oriented languages (Java)
- 1 year programming experience with automated web testing using technologies like Selenium and Cucumber
- Experience or familiarity with AWS technologies like Kinesis, CloudWatch, S3, etc...
- Strong project/time management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Experience developing and deploying web applications (drupal, silex, rack)
- Strong Git workflow management skills
- Familiarity with Linux and working with remote systems
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.