Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform.
We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are
more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world.
Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest-growing software
companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst
community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia.
We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
- Constantly improve the performance and reliability of our hosting platforms
- Ensure customer success by provisioning their hosting environments following Acquia best practices
- Debug intriguing LAMP stack problems
- Work closely with customer support and engineering to deliver second-to-none SaaS and PaaS services
- Maintain and enhance cloud management and monitoring tools
- Participate in an on-call, operations support rotation
- Capacity planning
- Participate in on-call rotations, generally once every 2 months for one weekend day
- Passion for web site configuration, tuning, and troubleshooting
- Deep, working knowledge of web, database, and OS server configuration (Linux, Apache, and MySQL preferred platforms)
- Holistic understanding of the Internet and hosting from the network layer up through the application layer.
- Experience in a 24x7 hosting environment.
- Experience with monitoring tools, scripting, and internet security.
- 6 to 10 years of related experience.
- A good sense of humor.
- Cloud hosting experience (e.g., Amazon Web Services, Eucalyptus, OpenStack, CloudStack)
- Monitoring tools (e.g., Nagios, Cacti, Ganglia, Splunk, Sensu, BMC, OpenView)
- Configuration management (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Subversion, Git)
- Scripting experience with PHP, Perl, Python, or Ruby
- Web security (e.g., IDS systems, DOS prevention)
- Scalable hosting cluster experience (e.g., nginx, Varnish, GlusterFS, etc.)
- Drupal experience
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates a clear sense of their role, responsibilities, and purpose within a working team.
- Adopts a team approach, acknowledging and appreciating efforts, contributions, and compromises. Recognizes the common purpose of the team and respects team decisions.
- Demonstrates integrity by aligning Acquia's values with behaviors.
- Demonstrates that they are more concerned with doing the right thing than being right. Acts courageously and does the right thing, even when it's hard to do.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender
(including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran
status, or any other status protected by applicable law.