Job Title: Front-end Developer
Department & Organization: Professional Services
Location: New Delhi
Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
We are looking for an experienced Front-end developer to help in the design, development, and delivery of our demonstration assets and Proofs of Concept. You will be helping the Acquia sales team to evangelize Drupal and show how it can accelerate digital outcomes for the biggest brands and companies in the world better than our competition.
- Participate in all aspects of the software development life-cycle
- Interface with sales, product and marketing functions to define the scope and roadmap for demonstrations
- Active contributions to all UI / UX decisions
- Ability to take business requirements and turn them into IA and design.
- Active contributions to the continual improvement of process and product
- Front-end and theme layer development for demonstrations and Proofs of Concept
- Most importantly, have fun doing all of the above!
- Experience using front-end frameworks such as AngularJS, ReactJS, Ember, Zurb Foundation, Bootstrap, and other grid systems.
- Expert experience with CSS frameworks such as CSS, SASS, LESS, OOCSS, Smacss, BEM
- Desire to learn and adapt to new applications and frameworks, and eager to work on exciting and innovative technologies.
- Commitment to delivering high-quality software on time.
- Experience with GIT, using the terminal, and managing your front-end with package managers such as NPM and organization tools like Grunt.
- Understanding of Drupal and using Drupal Tools such as Drush and Composer.
- Drupal 8 experience with Twig, theme suggestions, variable encoding on a page for JS, preprocessors desired.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, with an ability to collaborate in a multi-time zone environment
- Experience with Agile methodologies including Scrum or Kanban a plus
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of related experience
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Strives to continuously improve and increase their capabilities. Is a constant learner and doesn't assume today's knowledge and skills will be sufficient for tomorrow's challenges. Uses failure or missteps as a catalyst to learn faster.
- Uses sound rationale for problem identification and decision-making.
- Customer relationship builder: Develops and maintains effective customer relationships and listens to customers (internal and external) and addresses needs and concerns.
- Demonstrates a clear sense of their role, responsibilities, and purpose within a working team.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.