Acquia Cloud is seeking software engineers to help extend its cloud platform offering into the commerce space, focused on Magento hosting. Acquia Cloud is a enterprise grade Platform as a Service (PaaS) hosted entirely on Amazon Web Services and is made up of many distributed systems and cluster computing technologies. We are one of AWS’s largest customers (running 18,000+ EC2 instances) and our platform receives tens of billions of origin hits monthly, and powers some of the largest websites on the Internet.
The Acquia Cloud Commerce Software Engineer will join a team enhancing the Acquia Cloud platform to support running Magento applications through automation, as well as performing deep system level development on containers, capabilities jails and more. Although we publicly provide PHP and Node based hosting, on the backend we operate a polyglot platform running everything from PHP to Ruby, Python, Go and Java all interacting with multiple distributed services.
An ideal candidate is one that has experience running Magento in a production environment, building resilient distributed systems, is passionate about Open Source software, has experience performance tuning Linux clusters, and is not afraid to hack on any level of the stack (from the Kernel to Containers to Apache modules to custom daemons). If you believe you are a match we’d love to talk with you.
- Work in an agile DevOps team collaborating and operating the services you create
- Design and develop tools that automatically deploy, maintain, and monitor Magento LAMP-based hosting environments
- Debug complex distributed systems issues in production settings
- Experience with Magento development and operations
- Experienced in running and debugging highly concurrent and distributed systems
- Experience with LAMP hosting architecture (Varnish, Apache, Nginx, etc.)
- Capable of building and shipping complex applications in a variety of programming languages (Ruby, Go, PHP)
- Configuration Management Tools experience (Puppet, CloudFormation)
- Experience building systems on cloud technology (AWS, GCE)
- Experience with Linux Kernel capabilities such as LXC containers, capability jails, etc.
- Contributor to Open Source projects
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.