Job Title: Cloud Software Engineer - Infrastructure/Edge
Department & Organization: Engineering
Location: Boston, MA
Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Does running thousands of machines in the cloud without ever logging into a single box sound like the future to you? Do you like architecting applications that can scale horizontally to perform billions or trillions of monthly operations? Acquia is looking for a motivated software engineer to join our cloud infrastructure and edge team.
Acquia runs one of the world's largest Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings. Our Drupal optimized cloud runs on over 18,000 AWS instances and delivers billions of pageviews per month, running some of the largest and most mission-critical websites in the world. We are seeking exceptional cloud infrastructure engineers who desire to deliver world-class performance and reliability while building powerful tools that enable our customers effortlessly scale their web applications. At Acquia, we are obsessive about providing our customers with security, availability, and scalability that is second to none and are looking for engineers who are equally passionate.
- Design and develop the services that manage Acquia Cloud resources, business logic and AWS integration
- Research, specify, and test cloud hosting architectures leveraging your web, database, and architectural knowledge.
- Own the services you build, from proof-of-concept to enterprise level SLA, build, test, deploy and operate.
- Collaborate with other functional teams to support the larger Acquia Cloud vision.
- Strong object oriented programming experience with a scripting language such as PHP, Ruby, Python, etc.
- Knowledge of software testing best practices (unit testing, integration testing, functional testing, etc)
- Deep, working knowledge of linux operating systems (systemd, package management, memory management, etc).
- Holistic understanding of the Internet and web application hosting from the network layer up through the application layer.
- Experience building and operating distributed systems and/or service oriented architectures.
- Languages: PHP, Ruby, Go
- Automated testing experience (Jenkins, TravisCI)
- Cloud hosting experience (AWS, Google Compute, Azure)
- Configuration management (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- HTTP Accelerator configuration (Varnish, Nginx)
- Networking (e.g., TCP/IP, Routing, DNS, load balancing, HTTP caching, clustering, VPN, etc.)
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.