Job Title: Senior Software Engineer - Search
Department & Organization: Engineering
Location: Boston, MA
Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Every day, Acquia Search provides relevant answers to millions of people who are searching for content on some of the world’s most prominent web sites Are you excited by the opportunity to advance and modernize this highly-adopted, business critical platform in mid-flight? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth atmosphere and welcome the challenges that come along with it? Are you willing to do whatever it takes to deliver world class experiences to our customers?
Acquia is looking for a self-motivated engineer who is excited to help move a well-adopted product into the future.
- Help implement the next generation of our search offering via new features and platform upgrades
- Debug the toughest production issues
- Work closely with the Operations, Support, and Customer Onboarding teams to ensure a world-class experience for our customers
- Work closely with Product Management to ensure the customer and business needs of Acquia Search are being met
- 2 to 4 years of related experience
- Strong modern scripting language experience (NodeJS, Go, Ruby, Python, PHP, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Linux system administration
- Experience consuming RESTful web APIs
- Experience configuring, administering, and scaling web applications and services
- Open source contributor
- Drupal experience
- Proficiency with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Apache Solr and/or Elasticsearch
- Proficient in Java and building J2EE web applications
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.