Software Engineer (Front-end) | Acorns
At Acorns, we're building a different kind of investing experience - one that looks after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming. The Acorns team is passionate about pursuing our mission and living our values. It all begins with Heart. Our Heart leads us in everything we do. It allows us to make bold decisions, build trust, grow and advance our society. Come find your place at Acorns and join us in the revolution.
As a front-end engineer, your typical week would involve collaborating with product to plan the build out of new features and working closely with QA, iOS, an Android to build reliable and cohesive financial products. You will work in React, GraphQL, Node.js, CSS, and RESTful APIs.
You are not expected to have experience with all technologies listed above. We're looking for experienced engineers that love learning new technologies on the job, think creatively to solve complex problems, and enjoy working collaboratively.
Acorns is headquartered in Irvine, CA and we have an office in Portland, OR.
- End-to-end ownership of design and implementation of product features
- Elevate front-end architecture design to increase developer velocity and drive growth through Acorns’ web platform
- Provide insight into front-end web development best practices; Support decisions around framework and tool choices
- Build efficient and reusable front-end abstractions and systems; Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders across the organization to produce a coherent product
- BS in Computer Science or 3+ years of professional software experience
- 3+ years of Front-end development experience
- Experience with a CSS preprocessor
- Experience in a front-end framework
- Excellent understanding of software engineering fundamentals, design patterns and OOP architecture
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects with demanding deadlines in a team environment
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Unlimited paid time off
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change® into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.